10 Reasons To Love Your Mom
1. She birthed you. It wasn’t easy. It’s never easy.
2. She taught you how to speak. Where would you be without this skill?Your first successfully communicated word was probably her name, which you then learned was your golden key to beckoning this woman to solve all of your problems.
3. She gave you your first kiss. Not THAT kind if kiss, but yes, she was your first kiss. Your first known basis for affection between humans.
4. You stress her out. One way or another. If the financial dent you made in her lifelong savings didn’t turn her hair gray, those death poems you wrote in middle school probably gave her a fright, or that X-rated blog you write now definitely does. (Notice she doesn’t email THAT in the family newsletter.)
5. You stretched her out. Stretch marks. Ew. Your fault. Break out the Mederma.
6. You probably don’t call her enough. Even though she still most likely pays your phone bill. Isn’t it about time you broke off that family plan? Not ready for that huge life step yet? Then call her once a day.
7. She once did (or still does) your laundry. Way better than you do now. That business is annoying. Especially when you leave your pants inside-out an your socks bundled up. You’ve since learned this is a pain in the butt.
8. She changed your diapers. Multiple times every day. Which is about a million times worse.
9. She would most likely bail you out of jail. Maybe not, but that’s called tough love. She would definitely at least visit you, and send you hard candies and books filled with crossword puzzles. Who else in your life would do that?
10. She loves you. No matter what, she does and always will.
Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.
Wondering if he likes you?
Notice how he talks to you. The way he talks to you can say a lot about his real feelings for you. The next time you hang out, pay attention to his tone and the level of attention he gives you when you speak. Here are some ways to see if he likes you just based on how you talk to each other:
- See if he makes eye contact. Is he giving you his full attention, or looking around the room for something better to do? Is he breaking eye contact occasionally but smiling because he feels shy around you?
- See if he’s giving you his full attention when he talks to you. Is he checking his phone and stopping to talk to other people? If so, then he may not be trying to impress you. But if he talks to you like you’re the only person in the world, then he may have a big crush on you.
- See if he tries to impress you. Does he tell stories that make him look macho, funny, or adventurous? If so, then he probably wants to catch your eye.
- See if he talks more softly when he’s around you. This may be his way of telling you to lean in so you get closer.
See if he’s always trying to hang out with you. If he likes you, then he’ll want to be around you as much as possible. He could try to do this in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. Here are a few signs that he wants to be around you because he sees you as more than a friend:
- If he acts like you’re the only person in the room when you’re hanging out in big groups. If you’re at a party, concert, or a bar, and you realize you ended up talking to him for most of the night, then he definitely wants to get closer to you.
- If you have a class together and he always tries to sit next to you and even saves you a seat, then he may want to take things to the next level.
- Notice if he sometimes just happens to run into you in your favorite coffee shop or bar. If he’s always around, then he may have a stalking problem, but if he’s just “in the area” occasionally, then it may be because he’s hoping to run into you.
If you’re feeling bold, ask his friends. This is a very dangerous step. There are few boys who would break “bro code” and not run and report your question back to your crush. But if you don’t know who else to ask or if you really trust one of his friends, then casually ask how he feels about you.
- Though this is a riskier step, his friends will have a better answer than your friends, since they have first-hand information from your guy.
- Ask his friend if he likes you could also just be a sneaky way to let him know how you feel. If you’re too scared to tell him yourself, this information will get back to him ASAP if you tell the wrong person.
The Best Women Quotes
- I’m sad but I smile, that’s life.
- She’s hurt, mentally and emotionally. But everyday, she walks with a smile, because that’s who she is, the girl who never stopped smiling.
- I like boys who are taller than me, smell good, and give great hugs.
- Being single is better than being in the wrong relationship.
- When a man who treats his woman like a princess, it is proof that he has been raised by a queen.
- Hearing something that absolutely kills you inside and having to act like you’re fine.
- Instead of getting periods, can girls just get a text once a month from mother nature saying “You’re not pregnant, have a nice day!”
- I have my days, I’m moody, I have an attitude, I’m weird, I’m lazy, I’m cute, I’m fun, I’m awesome, but most importantly, I’m me.
- I hate that I miss you. I hate that you forgot about me. I hate that you don’t want me. I hate that I still care about you.
- I wanna go on a shopping trip where I’m the only one in the shopping mall and everything I want is free.
- If another girl steals your man, there’s no better revenge than letting her keep him. Real men can’t be stolen.
- Having long hair is the most annoying and wonderful thing ever.
- Shaved legs and fresh bed sheets are the best combination ever, no boy will fully understand such luxuries.
- I hate that feeling. The feeling when you’re sad and you have no idea why, but you just are.
- When a girl’s heart has been broken over and over again, it takes a real man to prove to her that he’s not like the other guys.
- Call me old fashioned, but I still thinks it’s cute when someone writes you a love letter.
- The boyfriends who still hold bags, open doors, tell their girlfriends they’re beautiful and show respect are real men.
- No female will take you seriously if you flirt with every girl.
- Reading old messages and realizing how much you miss that person.
- Seeing boys play with little kids is probably one of the most attractive things ever.
- I’m single but I know who I want.
- Girls are sensitive, they over think every little thing and they care way more than they should, but that’s what makes their love so strong.
- A guy blowing up a girls phone with cute stuff when she’s asleep will never get old.
- Yes, I’m single. And you’re gonna have to be amazing to change that.
- When I miss you, I read our old conversations, listen to songs that reminds me of you, then miss you more.
- She’s hurt a lot more than you think.
5 Simple ways to keep a guy interested
If you’ve finally caught the eye of your crush, we know you’re going to want to hang onto him. But getting a guy interested and keeping him interested are two totally different things. To help you make sure you keep your newest catch on the line, we’ve come up with a few simple strategies. Read on to find out how to make sure your new man sticks around.
Take an interest in his hobbies
One of the best things you can do to keep a guy interested is to take an active interest in something he loves to do. The key is to choose something you can actually see yourself doing (if he’s into rock climbing and you’re scared of heights, you may want to go in a different direction), but the point is to let him know you’re willing to try new things — especially things that he’s really into. Whether it’s golf, hiking, surfing or watching obscure French films in black and white, if there’s something he does that you end up enjoying, you’ll be much more likely to bond and keep him coming back for more.
Highlight your talents
If you do something really well — take amazing photos, throw and catch like a professional baseball player or cook circles around any Iron Chef — don’t be afraid to show off your skills. Being good at something helps you stand apart from the pack and makes you more intriguing to guys, plus your skills help boost your confidence — another trait guys gravitate toward. There’s no need to be overly boastful but do make sure to let him know what you’re capable of.
Being able to make a guy laugh and being able to laugh with him are very important ingredients for keeping a guy interested. Laughter is a bonding experience and if you can make him smile with your clever wit, deadpan delivery or sassy sarcasm, he’s likely to stick around. Not to mention that people who have a good sense of humor usually don’t take themselves too seriously, which for a lot of guys can be a huge turn-off. So don’t be afraid to show your funny side — making him laugh will make him want to keep spending time with you.
Put effort into your appearance
Looks aren’t everything and let’s face it — a lot of guys we know think as long as something isn’t covered in stains it can be worn to almost any event, but guys do enjoy feeling like you’ve made an effort for them. We’re not suggesting you wear a full face of makeup at all times, but if after the fourth date you’re already answering the door in sweatpants, you might want to rethink your strategy for keeping your new guy interested. There’s no need for cocktail dresses and stilettos, but do opt for something polished and pulled together.
Have other things to do
Having your own interests and hobbies is another important aspect of keeping guys attracted to you. Doing your own thing means you won’t be instantly dependent on him and wanting to hang out 24/7 (which can seem clingy), plus when you do see him, you’ll have more to talk about. Devoting all of your attention to the guy you like may seem like a good idea, but being too available too soon can make you seem desperate, which can be a huge turn-off to some guys. “I won’t date a girl who doesn’t have any interests outside just hanging out with me,” says a 34-year-old financial planner we spoke with about what keeps him interested. “I just think it’s really cool when a girl is passionate about something.”